15 Av 5776 – August 19, 2016
Dear Anshe Emes Member/Supporter:
It’s been quite a year at Anshe Emes; we’ve had some wonderful events and several beautiful simchas, B”H. A few months ago we welcomed Rabbi Benjamin Geiger and his Rebbitzen Karen to the Anshe Emes family, and we are looking forward to a coming year of meaningful shiurim and amazing programming.
Here’s some of what’s been going on at Anshe Emes:
- The Anshe Emes / Pico-Robertson Keilim Mikveh
- City-wide Community Chametz burning
- Lectures and shiurim from a wide array of world famous speakers
- All day megillah readings on Purim
- Amazing Scholar-in-Residence Shabbaton with Rabbi Y.Y. Rubinstein
- Emessaries – an email which keeps people up to date about the latest at Anshe Emes
- Awesome weekly Kiddush and Shalosh Seudos
- Community Tisha B’Av “all day” program
- Our youth groups on Shabbos & Yom Tov; fun special events throughout the year: Shabbos Mevarchim girls’ programming, Sukkah decorating, Chanukah Party & more!
- “SEED” summer learning program with Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim
- Women’s’ Shiurim by Rebbitzen Summers, Rebbitzen Hollander
- All night Shavuos learning including a unique Personal Growth Seminar with Rabbis Summers, Geiger, Ishal, and Schwartz
- Shavuos fun for kids – Har Sinai Ice Cream Party with Rabbi & Rebbitzen Geiger
- Weekly Parsha/Tanach shiur after Kiddush
- Our regularly updated website, anshe.org, and our Facebook page
- And, of course, our unparalleled daily, weekly, and periodic special shiurim
As we begin the next year, we need your help to ensure that 5777 is an even more successful year!
We need your financial support, to allow us to continue our outstanding programming and the day-to-day activities of the Shul. We are enclosing a form for membership and Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur tickets. We ask that you return it to us no later than Rosh Chodesh Elul, September 4th accompanied by your check(s) or credit card number. Anshe Emes requests that we receive payment in full at the time that your membership forms are submitted. We will issue your seat assignments for the High Holy Days once payment is received. (Postdated checks and credit cards are also acceptable).
Please get your reservations in early as seats on the Women’s side are at a premium. Seats are on a first come first serve basis.
Membership is available to everyone regardless of economic status. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact Kendra Fuchs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office Mon-Fri 1-3 PM at (310) 275-5640 and a member of our Finance Committee will contact you.
Please fill out the following forms and submit directly to the office, via email, or USPS:
- Membership Form – Very important for everyone to complete, even if you’ve submitted one before
- Kiddush Signup – Please sign up for at least one Kiddush and/or Shalosh Seudos and enclose separate check
I would also like to ask everyone to make a donation of at least $54 to the upkeep of the Los Angeles City Eruv (LACE). This is only a little more than $1 each Shabbos. Since Anshe Emes and a number of our members are the driving force behind it, we need to make a strong show of support. Please make a SEPARATE check out to LACE, and enclose it with your membership. It is completely tax deductible.
All the best for a happy, healthy and wonderful 5777 and thank you for your continued support of our Shul.
Rabbi Yitzchok Summers
|Membership Level||Rosh Hashana/Yom Kippur Seats||Dues|
|Family Membership||2 seats||$1500|
|Individual Membership||1 seat||$750|
|First Year of Marriage||2 seats||FREE|
|Eruv Dues (required by all members)||$54|
Please send checks to
1490 S. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Or you may pay online, via PayPal, below. PayPal is secure. Use either your PayPal account or a major credit card. Click the button, below, and you will be able to enter the amount you specify.
Please note that PayPal takes a percentage of each transaction as a fee. Payment and donations by check incur no fees. The PayPal option, below, is provided for your convenience. Anshe Emes loses $45 in fees on a full Family Membership paid through PayPal unless you do a PayPal to PayPal transfer. Remember to specify MEMBERSHIP DUES in the comment field.
For detailed directions, visit http://www.anshe.org/donate/no-fees/
If there is any confusion, PLEASE send a regular check.
Federal ID #: 95-1792260-221
Full Name of Organization: Anshe Emes Synagogue
Address: 1490 S. Robertson Blvd.
City, State, and Zip: Los Angeles, CA 90035
Phone #: (310) 275-5640
Fax #: (310) 275-9531