10 Av 5777 – August 2, 2017
Dear Anshe Emes Member/Supporter:
It’s been an amazing year at Anshe Emes; we’ve had some remarkable events and several beautiful simchas, B”H. Our shul continues to provide needed services to the community, and we are looking forward to a coming year of meaningful shiurim and amazing programming.
Here’s some of what’s been going on at Anshe Emes:
- The Anshe Emes / Pico-Robertson Keilim Mikveh, repaired and improved to better serve our community
- City-wide Community Chametz burning
- Lectures and shiurim from a wide array of world famous speakers throughout the year
- Amazing Scholar-in-Residence Shabbatons with Rabbi Dovid Orlofsky and Rabbi Y.Y. Rubinstein
- Prayer & Song with SOUL, our periodic Carlebach-style Kabbalas Shabbos davening and Friday night Tisch during the winter
- Our children’s programming on Shabbos & Yom Tov with fun special events throughout the year: Shabbos Mevarchim girls’ programming,
Family Chanukah Party, Har Sinai Ice Cream Party on Shavuos, Back-to-School Picnic & more!
- A Night in High Spirits – Sampling over 30 unique whiskey & craft spirits, “fireside chat” with Rabbi Tzvi Rosen of the Star-K, and silent auction
- All day megillah readings on Purim
- All night Shavuos learning exploring The Seven Sefiros with Rabbis Summers, Geiger, Ishal, Schwartz, Adler, and Tendler with all-night-long
food and drink, followed by breakfast Kiddush at the Geiger’s home after minyan.
- “SEED” summer learning program with Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim
- Community Tisha B’Av “all day” program
- Regular shiurim during the week and on Shabbos with Rabbi Summers, Rabbi Geiger, Rabbi Morgan, Rabbi Rabinowitz, and Mark Magid
- Emessaries weekly email – redesigned to include a weekly D’var Torah from Rabbi Summers and Rabbi Geiger (click link at left to subscribe)
- Awesome weekly Kiddush and Shalosh Seudos
- And, of course, our regularly updated website, anshe.org, and our Facebook page
Did you know that Anshe Emes is entering its 70th year of service to Klal Yisroel and the Los Angeles Community? As we begin this momentous year, we need your help to ensure that our shul continues to grow and thrive in 5778 and beyond!
We need your financial support, to allow us to continue our outstanding programming and the day-to-day activities of the Shul. We are enclosing a form for membership and Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur tickets. We ask that you please return it to us no later than Rosh Chodesh Elul, August 23rd, accompanied by your check(s) or credit card number. Anshe Emes requests that we receive payment in full at the time your membership forms are submitted. We will issue your seat assignments for the High Holy Days once payment is received. (Postdated checks or credit cards are also acceptable). Seats are on a first come first served basis.
Membership is available to everyone regardless of economic status. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact Kendra Fuchs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office Mon-Fri 1-3 PM at (310) 275-5640 and a member of our Finance Committee will contact you.
Please fill out the following forms and submit directly to the office, via email, or USPS:
- Membership Form – Very important for everyone to complete, even if you’ve submitted one before
- Kiddush Signup – Please sign up for at least one Kiddush and/or Shalosh Seudos and enclose separate check
We would also like to ask everyone to make a donation of at least $54 to the upkeep of the Los Angeles Community Eruv (LACE). This is only a little more than $1 each Shabbos. Since Anshe Emes and a number of our members are the driving force behind the Eruv, we need to make a strong show of support. Please make a SEPARATE check out to LACE, and enclose it with your membership. It is completely tax deductible.
All the best for a happy, healthy and wonderful 5778 and thank you for your continued support of our Shul.
Rabbi Yitzchok Summers
Rabbi Benjamin Geiger
|Membership Level||Rosh Hashana/Yom Kippur Seats||Dues|
|Family Membership||2 seats||$1500|
|Individual Membership||1 seat||$750|
|First Year of Marriage||2 seats||FREE|
|Eruv Dues (required by all members)||$54|
Please send checks to
1490 S. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Or you may pay online, via PayPal, below. PayPal is secure. Use either your PayPal account or a major credit card. Click the button, below, and you will be able to enter the amount you specify.
Please note that PayPal takes a percentage of each transaction as a fee. Payment and donations by check incur no fees. The PayPal option, below, is provided for your convenience. Anshe Emes loses $45 in fees on a full Family Membership paid through PayPal unless you do a PayPal to PayPal transfer. Remember to specify MEMBERSHIP DUES in the comment field.
If there is any confusion, PLEASE send a regular check.
Federal ID #: 95-1792260-221
Full Name of Organization: Anshe Emes Synagogue
Address: 1490 S. Robertson Blvd.
City, State, and Zip: Los Angeles, CA 90035
Phone #: (310) 275-5640
Fax #: (310) 275-9531