Manny Saltiel manages an informative weekly list of notable yahrzeits of gedolim and other Jewish historical figures.
Subscribe to Yahrzeits - Yahrzeits Weekly
Click the above word Yahrzeits to go to the subscription/unsubscription page.
If you are trying to unsubscribe and have a forwarding email address, please try that. We are rigorous about removing email addresses upon request and have a system to ensure that email addresses aren’t re-added.
Donations gratefully accepted.
The Yahrzeits list is featured on:
Use of Yahrzeits content is by annual licensed subscription for $100/year. Any unauthorized use, in whole or in part, is prohibited. A condition of license is that the following MUST appear at the top of each use, with links (as specified) as follows:
If you wish to republish Yahrzeits content, enter the email address of the responsible party, below, and click Subscribe to pay by PayPal or credit card.
- Your Yarzeit listings/Info are VERY appreciated, we use it in our school’s “Living Library”
Rabbi Israel Rubin
Saratoga (Florida) Chabad
- I write a national weekly pirchei newsletter. Your email is a beautiful collection of yahrziets and history and I would like permission to use it. Please give me your name and info, so that I can give the credit due.
Rabbi Itzy Eckstein
- Thanks SO MUCH for this wonderful e-mail. Every week I look forward to your e-mails because I love reading about our Tzadikim. The information you e-mail to us is amazing.
- thank you for adding me to your list. This listing of history and yhartzeits is great.
- Thank you so much for these emails, I appreciate them so much
- thank you for these emails. great stuff.
- i like the e mail
i have no idea who u are or how i got on but kein yirbu limud hatorah!
May Hashem bless your home and the home of your children with an abundance of everything good, ie; good health, good fortune and all that you,and your family need. Amen!
Blessings in all you do.
Rabbi Yisroel Hecht
Director of Development
- Thank you so much for your emails. I really enjoy them. You should get a great zechus for doing this chesed shel Emes with these great people.
- Thank you for your amazing weekly email. I learn a lot from it and have forwarded it to various relatives.
- wow. thank you. there’s so much here. yashar ko’ach!
- I enjoy this new email you’ve been sending out. Yahrzeits are very important and something that many of us are not especially tuned into.
- Many thanks per usual for the wonderful list.
- Shalom R’ Manny and a gmar chasima tova!
I’m wondering if you could help me out identifying the author of the Siach Yitzchok (the sidur hagra), Rav Yitzchak Maltzan. From what I can gather he was a prized talmid of Volozhin whom the Chofetz Chaim took as a Rosh Yeshiva in Radun where he served only briefly before coming to Eretz Yisrael. On another site he is identified as a son (!) or grandson of the Vilna Gaon (I believe that the site has confused him with the other contributor to the siddur hagra). So unless there were two people with the same name, R’ Maltzan lived approximately 100 years ago and had rather little connection to the Vilna Gaon other than having learned in Volozhin which might see themselves as heirs of sorts to the Gaon given R’ Chaim Volozhin’s closeness to the Gaon.
Please set me straight with anything I may be missing here.
- Dear R’ Manny,
Yasher koach again for producing this e-mail.
Rabbi, Congregation Anshei Chesed
Sandy Springs, GA
- I truly enjoy your weekly yortzeit reviews!
Shmuel Yosef R., NYC
- Thank you, Manny. Much appreciated.
The Jewish Advocate
- Dear Manny:
I’m enjoying your newsletter with info of the Jewish dates of the week, and even forwarding it to my shul list…
Isroel Akerman, Kehilas Moreshes Yaakov
- From a New Subscriber [not yet very frum]:
The information you provide is fascinating, and important.
- I’m not exactly sure how I got on your list, but I love it!
Thank you so much. This is very enjoyable.
Rabbi Yehiel Mark Kalish
National Director of Government Affairs
Agudath Israel of America
I very much enjoy reading your weekly letter. Thank you for making the effort to put it together. All the best and thank you again for this great weekly publication. You have a special Zchus of Zikui Harabbim with your weekly yahrzeits e-mail.
- B”H I am planning to get married sometime from Feb 6 – Feb 14 (30 Shevat through 8 Adar). We would love to pick a date that coincides with the Yahrzeit of a Holy Tzaddik. Is it possible to get an “advance” yahrzeit from you regarding those dates?
Thank you so much, b’shalom,
Moshe Tzvi R.
- Thank you for your wonderful weekly e-mail
Rabbi Moshe D. Krupka
Sr. Vice President for College Affairs, Touro College
New York, New York
- JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THE WEEKLY LETTER WE ENJOY IT VERY MUCH.
Thanks again for the nice write-up on my father z”l. May your remembering him bring a Brachah to you and your family.
- Dear Yahrzeits,
I wish to commend you on a valuable service which you provide so tastefully.